Σάββατο 25 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas! And even though I'm an atheist, I couldn't think of a better title.

So, Merry Christmas.

I just took a decision. I decided to start making a game. I had the idea for this game for a few months now, about a month ago I started working on it with flash and php only to find out that making a game in flash and php is way more difficult that developing a game in C++. Many weeks later, I still think the game - if ever completed - would be fun. Really fun! So today, 2 days since my holidays started I decided to start working on it again. This time I'll use C++ and SFML. Obviously I'm talking about a 2D game (I still don't feel very comfortable with using OpenGL and I'd hate using anything not cross-platform).

It's a strategy game. No, not a very complicated one (I hope!). It's nothing too ambitious, completing this project seems generally realistic :P. I'll propably do the development on windows, but I'll be testing it on my linux machine every now and then. Platform Independence is very important to me. So, for the next 2 weeks I'll be working on it full time (ok, almost full time).

In my first 2 hours of working on the project, I made a Logging class and generally designed the Object-Oriented code of the game. Basic classes, files etc. Now I have a pretty good idea of how the game and the code will look like. At them moment, the game starts, displays a black window, writes something to the logfile and quits. Not too bad.

Next topic of the day: It's Chrstmas. I told you, didn't I? I could cut & paste this to the beginning of the post, but who cares about organized speech? Organized code is all that matters. Ok almost. ANYWAY, as I said, it's Christmas and I got a really, really, really really really great present. An Iphone 4! Yep! I might even start developing apps for it, one day. The annoying thing is you need a Mac and Objective-C knowledge to write apps for the Iphone, unless you buy expensive 3rd party windows software or spend days trying to find a workaround. Of course I have MacOSX in a virtual machine and I don't need to bother, really :). I downloaded X-code it runs great, only problem is I don't know Objective-C. But one can code only one thing at time, right? So I will dedicate myself into my game.

And I should remind myself to write about my opinion on youtube and especially its comments and rating system. They suck. Wow I just expressed my opinion! I'll expand on it once I am less eager to start coding again.

A short 20 minute break and back to work again. Till next time!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου